After a bit of carving I realized that this project was probably going to take a while so I took tools and clay home to help finish up faster. the bottom part of the stamp probably took 6 hours.
For the stamp project I wanted to do a stamp that related to my concentration, with something on the bottom with decoration on the top.
I spent one class period getting the composition for the plants right and the next period rolling out the clay and puting the design on the slab.
After the piece was fired I painted acid on it to better enhance the orange color I wanted. I also wanted black to bleed into the orange so I took tea bags and glued them to the sides and leaves and sawdust on the insides and back.
I realized that it would take forever to do design to the whole piece. So I started thinking about how it relates to my concentration and where it would sit in an art show. So I decided that I wanted to cut it in half and have a flat side and a hole to hang it on the wall. I didn't want to add a design to blank space so I cut out parts that I liked then arranged them.
I cut the planks and used water to wet the parts I wanted to bend and scored and slipped them to the door.
Because this piece is big its taken me a long time to Finnish it so i'm using the same clay lump to get a similar wetness. here i'm creating wooden planks for the side of the door.
I used a linoleum block to add wood texture pattern to the floor then added details and scored and slipped the person to the floor.